Wednesday, September 12, 2007

World of Microsoft

Sorry for not posting for the past few weeks. Aside from the hectic project schedule, my pc got hit by trojans and malwares so I had to do a reinstall. I even seriously considered using Fedora for my OS instead of Windows XP. Unfortunately, most tools we use at the office are Microsoft-based so moving to Linux would be more of a hassle than a relief.

And as if it's a sign that I really cannot run away from Microsoft, my friend invited me to a Microsoft Office Computer Seminar on September 22. I'm quite interested actually because even though I know how to use Powerpoint, Excel and Word, I feel that my knowledge is very basic and that there are still a lot more I can do with these applications beyond simple presentations, spreadsheets and documents. The seminar will be conducted by Jerry Liao, a Microsoft Office Certified Professional and host of the IT television show, InfoChat. My friend says that these seminars usually cost P1000 but Jerry is offering his services for free for the benefit of their church's Benevolence Ministry so the fee went down to P300. So I figured, I'll be learning something I could really use for work, I'll be helping the church and I'll be getting a Microsoft Certificate in exchange for P300 and 3hrs of my life. Not bad :)

compewter_power.gif

No comments: