Monday, December 17, 2007

What’s in a name?

Ever wondered why I chose chococherrycoco for the name of my site? Chococherrycoco came from a childhood memory. Let me explain further.


When I was a child, I looked forward to my father's coming home from overseas work because that meant lots of chocolates for me and my siblings. There was this one time when, aside from the usual Hershey's and Mars chocolate bars, my father brought home a whole new assortment which included a flavor that intrigued me the most. I didn't particularly like it and I didn't even remember the brand but I remembered the taste distinctly: cherry-flavored coconut shavings covered in chocolate. Since then, I have wondered if there really was such a thing or if it was just a figment of my childhood imagination. Then recently, my childhood memory was reaffirmed. It really does exist and I got to taste it once more. I doubt that this is the same brand as with what I had as child but nevertheless, it gave the same experience and brought back wonderful memories. Here's what I'm talking about:


No comments: