Thursday, August 7, 2008

My New Life

I bet you've been wondering what I've been up to these past two weeks. You won't believe it but I got my self coded as a Manulife agent. What does this mean? This means that after training for two weeks and passing my licensure exams from the Insurance Commission, I can now offer financial planning services to anyone who might be interested in planning a secure financial future for themselves and their loved ones on the areas of family protection, savings, education and retirement. I'm really excited about this new development in my life because I've always been interested in personal finance and investing and by being a Financial Security Adviser, I can now share this passion to every one who is willing to meet with me for a financial planning interview. In fact, I met with my former classmate from elementary last night and I was able to enlighten her on the benefits of having insurance protection. Imagine, she already has an insurance policy but she didn't realize its importance until last night (her agent must not have been good, I dare say)! Tonight, I'm meeting again with a former colleague and tomorrow, with a former classmate from high school. Right now, I have a lot of prospects but once my contact list runs out, I'll be doomed. That's why I must not forget to ask for referrals from the people I meet. And also, a little self-promotion does not hurt.

So if you, dear reader, are interested in availing of my services, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll be glad to get in touch with you (just as long as you're in the Philippines of course). Also, if you know anyone undergoing any of the following life changes, please let me know as they are the ones who can benefit most from financial planning and they may just be the ones I'm looking for:

- recently got married
- has young children
- having a baby
- has a new job
- recently got promoted
- got bonus
- started a business
- recently bought a home

PS. If you're curious about my programming job, I still have it. I'm just a part-time Manulifer :)

No comments: