Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy New Year!

I know, it's a little too late for that. But hey, the Chinese New Year is still upcoming (Jan. 26) so I'll just shout out an advanced greeting for that. Kung Hei Fat Choy!

Now that that's out of the way, you may be wondering where I've been. Let me see. Shortly after my chocolate buffet posting, I went to Intramuros, Rizal Park, Jumbo Restaurant and Chinatown. These are all in Manila mind you, but it was nice taking a walk around these places since most of them I've only visited during school field trips. This time, our US boss visited us to facilitate knowledge transitioning from us to an Indian outsourcing company so during the weekend, we toured them around Manila. It was a cool change sharing historical and cultural references instead of project details and source codes :)

Then on the last weekend of November, my boyfriend and I went on a vacation getaway to beautiful Bohol. Peering out the plane's window while we were approaching the Tagbilaran airport, my breath was taken away by Bohol's luscious grandeur. Then we touched ground and I fell even more in love with the province. We stayed at the Lost Horizon Resort and enjoyed hanging out on the restaurants and cafe along the beach. We also went on the usual Bohol tour: Chocolate Hills, Man-made forest, Rio Grande River tour, Tarsier sanctuary, Baclayon Church and Blood Compact site. Then on our last day, we had lunch at the Bohol Bee Farm. We were sad to leave Bohol but we promised ourselves we'll go back and visit again!

December was the usual blur of Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, gift-giving and visiting relatives. It was hectic to say the least so didn't have the chance to blog anymore. At work, we had another round of knowledge transfer and this time we were at the receiving end so I had to pay attention to that.

And now for the month of January, we're starting on a new project so I'm kinda busy again. I guess I'll never stop being busy so I just have to squeeze blogging in between personal life and work. But I won't make it my new year's resolution to blog regularly. I'll just do it whenever I'm physically and psychologically ready. Plus I'm hatching up plans for my other sites. I also have plans of making my homepage lean and mean and I've begun by taking out the news articles and snapshots (actually, Voxant stopped its text and image service already that's why I had to take them down; but you can still watch the news and information videos, which is neat!). So you see, I have a lot in store for 2009. I just hope I'll be able to execute my plans and at the same time, blog about it!

No comments: