Friday, May 25, 2007

I play on KONG

Did I ever mention that I like playing games? Oh yeah, I did (see About Me description)! I'm what you can call a casual gamer and yes, I do have a collection of PopCap games. Just this morning though, I tried Kongregate and I was instantly hooked! Aside from the non-stop online playing and huge collection of flash games, there's also a point system and a chance to collect virtual cards. What's also interesting is that the games are developed by the members themselves so you can interact with the game developers, make feature requests and give feedback and ratings.

Did I also mention that I'm a programmer? Hehe. Unfortunately, I haven't tried programming using Flash, much more game programming. But I do want to rise from the ranks of being a casual gamer to being a developer of casual games that's why I'm doing some self-study from available tutorials online. Someday, I'd like to be able to upload my own game and have others play it. Also Kongregate's advertising revenue sharing wouldn't hurt ;-)

So if you also wanna play or if you're a flash game developer who would like to earn, sign up at Kongregate! Kongregate logo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kyutbabe! Thanks for the nice words about Kongregate. It would be great if we could get a community going in the Philippines. (I'm the CEO of Kongregate by the way)

I highly recommend starting your own business - I wish I had done it when I was younger.

kyutbabe said...

Hi Jim! There is a large gaming community here, although they're more of MMORPG. Geer and I are planning to set up a business; you'll learn it from this blog when we do :)