Monday, March 22, 2010

Humpty Dumpty

Just as my left foot was starting to heal from a fall I've taken during the not-so-recent typhoon Ondoy, I slipped once again this morning and hurt my right foot. There's no swelling nor fractured bone, but there is definitely some mild pain. I've already applied Voltaren Gel (this was prescribed to me by my doctor way before and I keep it handy for cases like this, which happens too often for my comfort) and I hope that pain does not progress anymore or I won't be able to drive home later. Gulp!

In case you were wondering why it took so long for my left foot to heal, it was because I didn't have it treated. I didn't go to the doctor because I knew I didn't fracture it and I knew that it would take more than Voltaren to reduce the swelling. I needed a "manghihilot" to massage the misplaced blood vessel in my foot back into place. I dreaded going to one because as much as the pain in my left foot gave me discomfort, I knew it wouldn't be as torturous as having my foot injury corrected. I know this for a fact because I went to a "manghihilot" when I was a child and tears actually streamed down my cheeks as she was massaging my foot that was "natapilok". The pain in my foot immediately disappeared after the massage but I guess the process traumatized me so much that I didn't want to undergo it, even now that I'm already an adult. Fortunately my boyfriend's househelp had previous training as a massage therapist so I finally obliged to have my foot massaged.

I did almost cry and it took three massage sessions to get it completely right but it was worth it. I just don't know if I can do it all over again for my right foot but I'll try. In the meantime, I think I need to shop me some new footwear, or a new pair of limbs :p

No comments: