Thursday, April 26, 2007

Digitize it

Yesterday, I had this crazy idea that I should scan my collection of stamps and postcards and put up an online album. Today, I found out that I was not the only one who thought of doing the same thing. There's Jim's Stamp Album which showcases an impressive collection of US stamps, all properly mounted, documented and scanned. For the postcards, I found , POSTCARD COLLECTING AND PHOTOGRAPH COLLECTING SITES, a site that boasts of being "Perhaps the largest online postcard collection on the net!" My collection would be so small compared to theirs, but yeah, I still would like to put it online. I can just imagine my sister giving me a quizzical look as I scan each and every piece, the same look she gave me when I was scanning my elementary and high school pictures. But what the heck, I can't help it. I like having backups in digital format :)

No comments: