Monday, April 23, 2007

Unfinished Business


In search of a hobby 3 years ago, I thought of getting my hand into model kit building. I didn't like the usual model ships, airplanes, battle tanks and toy soldiers; I wanted something more "pop-culture-ish" so when I saw the Horizon 1/6 scale of Catwoman from the 1992 film Batman Returns, I fell in love. I immediately bought the kit from a shop in Greenhills, as well as the other materials I will be needing like a hobby knife, white putty, super glue and sand paper. I had a friend teach me the basics of putting together the pieces and after weeks of hard work, I was able to come up with my unpainted catwoman as shown in the pictures above. Sad to say, I stopped and it is only now that I'm beginning to think of continuing my unfinished piece. I still have a lot of sanding to do because the seams and other hard to reach places are not yet smooth and even. Once that's done, then I have to face a bigger task -- painting. I don't know how I'm going to go about it but I do hope I'll be able to come up with something that looks like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once you finished the painting, do let us know.

Anonymous said...

halle barry is such a pretty kitten. meow.

kyutbabe said...

Er, the Catwoman model kit represented Michelle Pfeiffer, not Halle Berry. Fyi :)

I'd have to find a mentor for the painting of the model kit first. If you know anyone or a good site for a step-by-step guide, do tell me :)