Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Time to Reflect

I like the Lenten Season. In fact, it's my favorite "holiday", if you could call it that. The atmosphere is generally calm and serene; none of the hustle and bustle of Christmas, costume parties of Halloween, or the artificial sweet-romancing of Valentines Day. It allows me to stop and think on what I've been doing with my life. It gives me the chance to meditate and renew my faith.

People used to hate Lent because there's nothing to do, nothing to watch on television and nowhere to go because the malls are all closed. Now they're starting to like it, but I guess for the wrong reasons. For some, it's time to catch up on their favorite American TV series on DVD. For others, it's time to take advantage of the long break and price promos on the domestic airlines to head off to the various island-beaches in the country. Even I was guilty of going to Davao last year and taking a dip at the beach on Good Friday. This year, I'm going swimming on Maundy Thursday. But I do hope we can go on Visita Iglesia here in Manila or in the province. Or maybe we would visit the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes like we used to do when I was little. We'll see then I'll just update you :)

No comments: