Friday, April 20, 2007

What you see is not what you get

I got my HP Compaq Business Desktop dx2700 today. I was happy with the specs but I was disappointed with what I actually got. It was supposed to be a Core 2 Duo with 2.4GHz processor speed but when I turned it on, it only had 1.8GHz. The RAM and storage size are the same as in the specs but I wouldn't be surprised if the parts are not original anymore and that they have been replaced by generic brands. Also, the package was supposed to have come with Windows XP; it did have WinXP installed but the cd installer was nowhere to be found.

I don't know why, but it has become common practice for technicians and computer shop owners to cheat the consumers. I may not have paid for the merchandise but it was a prize which I legitimately won, and I should be entitled to what was promised in the raffle contest. Nothing more, nothing less.

No comments: