Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pimp my Leeloo!


I spend an average of 4 hours on the road going to and from work. This becomes less of a problem when I'm taking public transport because I can easily doze off and wake up just in time when I need to get off. However, it's a different matter when I take my car to work (well technically it's my mother's; but I pay for the registration, insurance and maintenance repairs so I have driving rights). Traffic can get so bad that I squirm in my seat thinking of something better to do than just wait for the car in front of me to move. At least this morning I had my digicam with me so I was able to click away my boredom. There's the intersection where I was stuck a good 10 minutes. Click! There's Baba the white sheep who keeps me company. Click! Here's my dashboard and steering wheel. Click! Here's me in the rear view mirror. Click!

So what do I do when I don't have my digicam? I imagine how good it would be if my ride was pimped in Xzibit's show at MTV, Pimp My Ride. I would be having a notebook computer that's hooked to satellite internet because I would have told him that my work as a programmer/tech support entails that I be on call 24/7 to troubleshoot any system problems. My seat would have a back massage mechanism because driving in the streets of Manila at rush hour can be so tiring and tension-packed. Also, there would be a secret hole at the bottom which I can open at the press of a button so that I could take a pee. I would have tires that never deflate because I don't know how to change a flat tire. All sides of my car would have sensors to detect other vehicles that come too close or actually bump my car, especially when it's parked. I always get dents on the doors because those stupid owners of the vehicles parked beside me don't know how to open their doors in such a way that my car won't get hit. They don't even have the courtesy to leave a note and take responsibility for the damage. There was also this one time that my brother took my car to school and parked it. Then after his class, he found a big dent on the bumper and again no note from the culprit. So with my car pimped, not only would there be sensors, there would also be cameras to take a video of the hit-and-run vehicle and vehicle owner. And finally, my car would have a self-cleaning system so I wouldn't have to wash it or have it cleaned at the car wash ever again. I don't know how this could be possible but I have faith in the Gas Team! Hehe.

Sigh, if only my car-pimping dream would come true then driving to and from work would be a little more bearable. Just a little. Hehe :)

No comments: